Driver's license renewal in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's become increasingly difficult to get it done, for some reason. Too many people moving here?

Anyway, the tag agency I use says first come/first served, but there's always a wait. They don't do it in the mornings except on Thursday, etc.

The lady talked about a "mega center" at the old galleria at 71st and Lewis? But there's no number for it.

Recommendations?

Also, something about a gold star? What? We're back in grammar school?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call around and find another tag agent. I went out of town to get mine renewed.

The gold star is for a real ID license, you provide proof of residency and who you say you are, I used my birth certificate, handgun license, a utility bill and a current piece of un opened mail from my bank, was a bank statement.

Once you do that at your next renewal its just like a normal license.

Might as well get it now soon it will be required to have.

Mine took 8 business days to get in the mail, you will get a paper temp license to carry and if your current license is still valid you can continue to use it until your new license comes in.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tag agent in Glenpool told my wife they are doing Real ID with walk-ins. You might call and make sure, but that's my understanding. There are usually one or two people there, but not long lines.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call around. I used to go to central tag 17th and harvard. Line out the door and around front of bldg.
Went over to
Westside tag 46th and union. Not a sole there empty parking lot.
This is for tags. Don't know about license.
Last year had to take my son to get his at Mannford cause they were closest place taking walkins at the time March 2020.

Real ID do you really need it?
I don't need in a federal bldg.
Can't serve on fed jury duty if you can't access bldg. HaHa!
Only time I'll ever get on a plane would be to go overseas. Will have passport for that. Not likely anytime soon.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying to get my DL renewed as I found out 4 weeks ago it had expired in Feb. Called Collinsville, got recording that says you can't leave a message, but if you want to renew DL come to the office on Mondays and make an appointment for a later date. Both agents in Owasso don't answer the phone. I had decided to go ahead and get a real ID instead of just renewing. Called Skiatook, they do real ID and I could make an appointment in December.
Called Bartlesville, they do real ID on walk in basis, drove up the next day and was done by 9:30.
There is a Mega Center (I think that's what its called) around 71st and Lewis that does walk ins for real ID and renewals.

Just FYI

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the mega center in tulsa a few weeks ago. Spent about two hours total to get through the processes. One of the staff mentioned that after 5 is a good time because there’s almost no line and it only takes about 30 minutes. I believe they are open until 6.

link for more information about what you’ll need.

https://oklahoma.gov/dps/real-id.html

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call around. I used to go to central tag 17th and harvard. Line out the door and around front of bldg.
Went over to
Westside tag 46th and union. Not a sole there empty parking lot.
This is for tags. Don't know about license.
Last year had to take my son to get his at Mannford cause they were closest place taking walkins at the time March 2020.

Real ID do you really need it?
I don't need in a federal bldg.
Can't serve on fed jury duty if you can't access bldg. HaHa!
Only time I'll ever get on a plane would be to go overseas. Will have passport for that. Not likely anytime soon.

You may not need a real ID now, but rest assured it will be the only type of license available in the near future, might as well beat the rush.

But I also get why some folks dont want to get one, its all good.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Mr. Ed noted, West Tulsa Tag Agency at 4763 S. Union Ave. rarely has a long line and they are extremely knowledgeable and nice.

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 months ago, Bixby Tag put up a signup sheet on their door when they opened. You signed up on the line next to a time later that day. Came back at the time I signed up for and the process took maybe 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom