Driving through geese.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pair that nested in the pond in the backyard for several years. A couple maybe three times a year they would for whatever reason decide to go across the highway to the neighbors pond for an afternoon. About two years ago both parents got plastered on the highway. I have no idea if the babies survived.

They were almost like pets. And against recommendations I would feed the babies duck feed. Sure miss messing with them.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
******* that doesn’t appreciate nature. Heck, I stop for turtles, get out of the vehicle, and help them across the road. I’ve had people stopped behind me when doing this and usually get a “thumbs up” from them. Thankfully, there are many more good / kind people than jerks like the one in the video.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Illegal to kill a Federally protected bird. That driver would face serious fines if found.

Yup where I worked they had probably 10-15 pair every year and they would nest wherever they wanted. The maintenance crew would post sign stating the federal protection at the entrance to the parking lot and around the nesting areas.

Some of those parents geese would get real territorial about their nest area. 😆🤣😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom