Used Car Resources?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first son got a car that i bought at a wrecker auction for $55 and I told him 3 strikes and you are out NO car.
It was a 1983 Accord. He is in his low 30's now and has had many cars all that he bought himself.

I had to buy my own stuff or walk or ride a bicycle.
You are super nice for getting your children cars.

I would not want to owe my parents anything I mostly hated them though.
My kids also paid for repairs and fixed their own stuff. I would lend a hand though.
Make sure if you get something with a timing belt that you change it or make darn sure it has been done at the correct time.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first son got a car that i bought at a wrecker auction for $55 and I told him 3 strikes and you are out NO car.
It was a 1983 Accord. He is in his low 30's now and has had many cars all that he bought himself.

I had to buy my own stuff or walk or ride a bicycle.
You are super nice for getting your children cars.

I would not want to owe my parents anything I mostly hated them though.
My kids also paid for repairs and fixed their own stuff. I would lend a hand though.
Make sure if you get something with a timing belt that you change it or make darn sure it has been done at the correct time.

I went to church camp when I was 16. Came back a week later and there was a 1990 Mazda 626 in the driveway. I went in and asked what that was for and my mom and dad said “son, it’s for you!!!” Oh the joy in my heart. Then my mom said “oh, you owe us $2,000”. 😂😂😂

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try local college classified boards. There will be older students who bought new and want to sell their trusty old car.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's exactly are you looking for?
Here in my little town, there are 2 Ford F-150 pickups for sale. I haven't stopped to look at them, as I don't do anything with Ford's. I'd say they are early 2000 models or so. If you want pictures, I could take some for you

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The beauty of FB market place is you can go look at the person's profile and usually their pics. When I was looking for a Jeep JK for my daughter, we were set on buying one near Hutchison, KS. It was everything she was looking for, good price, etc. Looked through the guys pics and found pics of it sitting in a river with water half way up the door windows........and another with it sitting in his shop I assume, with the engine, transmission, and transfer case sitting on the floor separated from each other. None of that mentioned in the ad of course lol. Disaster averted most likely.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's exactly are you looking for?
Here in my little town, there are 2 Ford F-150 pickups for sale. I haven't stopped to look at them, as I don't do anything with Ford's. I'd say they are early 2000 models or so. If you want pictures, I could take some for you
Car or SUV, no real preference, under $20,000, 2016 or newer, and under 70,000 miles. Not quite in the market yet, just in the looking stage.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were me, find a Buick or Chevy Impala with the 3800 V6. They are bulletproof and run forever. Mine has 344,000 miles and I drive it daily! Just be easy on the 4T65-E transmission. Mine made it 287,950 miles before going. Or, find an 06-ish Toyota Corolla, they are One of the most reliable vehicles ever built.

Oh, another option is the surplus auction.
https://www.allsurplus.com/motor-vehicles/oklahoma

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom