Drummond Pheasant hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's hard hunting out there. I saw birds last weekend, but most of them get up pretty wild. If you have a good dog, it makes all the difference at Drummond WMA.

Oh yeah, make sure that you have no lead shot on your person. The GW spends a lot of time driving around that area and he checks everyone he comes across. My buddy had to throw $100 in his beer fund last year for not checking his shells prior to hunting and had (1) lead round out of 100.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard hunting out there. I saw birds last weekend, but most of them get up pretty wild. If you have a good dog, it makes all the difference at Drummond WMA.

Oh yeah, make sure that you have no lead shot on your person. The GW spends a lot of time driving around that area and he checks everyone he comes across. My buddy had to throw $100 in his beer fund last year for not checking his shells prior to hunting and had (1) lead round out of 100.

Where is this located? Is this the new one by enid?

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I live about 5 miles from it and drive through part of it checking wells. It doesn't seem to be heavily hunted, but I don't see a whole lot of pheasants from the road. There are some milo fields toward the north and east sides of it. I would say that is where most of the birds are now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom