Nebraska Pheasant opener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pheasant opens Saturday. Been watching harvest and seems most of the places I can hunt are clear so that's good. Also looks like there might be some snow whooooo

I'll have to go walk a few spots!

Screenshot_20231025_184016.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jealous, I didn’t miss opening day in Kansas for 10 years. Lots of good times.
Lived in Wichita after VN for about 18 months and got to hunt them heavy every Sat. and Sun. for two seasons (75 & 76) on the public land surrounding Marion Resv......no dog just zig zaging back and forth through the food plots that the state had put in and always got a limit of birds with a few rabbits thrown in.....good memories.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never missed opening day of pheasant season for 30 years in Oklahoma until about 5-6 years ago. We got a limit every time we went out until the big rains and floods during nesting season that wiped out the entire nesting season. It's rare to see a pheasant now. All of the landowners around us have stopped hunting them in hopes they will recover some day.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never missed opening day of pheasant season for 30 years in Oklahoma until about 5-6 years ago. We got a limit every time we went out until the big rains and floods during nesting season that wiped out the entire nesting season. It's rare to see a pheasant now. All of the landowners around us have stopped hunting them in hopes they will recover some day.
I was lucky to have a farm with great bird populations all over our 1K acres. I never hunted deer, just birds. We limited on every hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom