Duck Hunters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been seeing alot of birds on my flood control. I haven't hunted it yet, but the blind has been built for about 3 weeks and the number of birds on it seems to be really good. Two days ago there was a Can drake on it. I watched him for awhile with the binos. Looks like it is going to be a good year.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We saw a redhead on the Youth-day with my youngest almost shooting a tree in half in a panic trying to get it, but later that day and the next week all i saw were Teal.

Then they were gone and haven't seen much since then. I'm kind of hoping for the same thing with this front.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out a few days ago and saw about a dozen birds total. I got one of two that came into my spread, but most were flying high. The number of people that were out there was ridiculous.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
had fifty mallards on one of my ponds monday.there were quite a few on another piece of property.seems as they like a pond thats where all of them are at.not spread out at all.hope for some cold fronts.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been sleeping in my waders also. Took off work to go hunting this weekend. Hope it pays off. Last weekend sucked. Seen a lot of birds scouting out my spot a few days before the season, and haven't seen many since it opened.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We haven't seen much on our place. A few woodies and mallards but that's about it. 36 limits of birds were shot off of it last year, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before they start piling in. In the meantime I'll keep trying to appease myself in the deer stand. I'm a duck hunter first, but bambi will have to do until we get some nasty weather.

Latest posts

Top Bottom