DWM Luger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just figured out that I suck at taking pictures close up...

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2377.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2379.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2379.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2383.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2388.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2389.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2390.jpg

ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2392.jpg

And here's the nambu
ai679.photobucket.com_albums_vv151_oaretc_luger_20and_20nambu_IMG_2394.jpg

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha. I cant see enough to make out all the markings. Like I said, the Crown/N is the nitro proof and was used on Lugers for the dates I posted above.

Now, since its crown/N, I doubt you will find out much more than that other than a more refined year based off the serial. If it were Nazi stamped, there would be different proofs for each procurement.

Its a nice gun,... a real keeper. Do you know if it was a bring back?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang bro, your pics suck! :) Bring it to the next match and I'll take some pictures for you that you can frame and hang on the wall.

Those nambu's are junk, but they're certainly interesting pieces. And the Luger is really cool.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turn on macro mode on your camera. You'll like the result.

And if you find whoever jacked up those grips, shoot them with it. I'd give it a good clean/oiling, find some period original grips (I know, easier said than done) that aren't butchered, and shoot it occasionally. Not a lot, but that German craftsmanship just has to be enjoyed once in awhile.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traxxis said:
Dang bro, your pics suck! Bring it to the next match and I'll take some pictures for you that you can frame and hang on the wall.

Those nambu's are junk, but they're certainly interesting pieces. And the Luger is really cool.

I know... but I never claimed to be a photographer :)... Ill bring them out next match I get to make it to and you guys can check them out...

Turn on macro mode on your camera. You'll like the result.

And if you find whoever jacked up those grips, shoot them with it. I'd give it a good clean/oiling, find some period original grips (I know, easier said than done) that aren't butchered, and shoot it occasionally. Not a lot, but that German craftsmanship just has to be enjoyed once in awhile.

I've seen alot of these lugers on gunbroker with carved initials like that... The problem is that I think the grips are serial numbered too... I'll strip it tonight and see what I can find.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've see several of them with the carved grips on gunbroker, so I wonder if it was some way of marking them for import.

Import marks would have been stamped or engraved into the metal of the frame, since it's just too easy to swap out the grips to remove the eyesore of the import marks :rolleyes2

Looks like someone wanted to mark the pistol as his/her own property. It probably wasn't unusual after WW2 for returning GI's or a relative to carve their initials into the grips - heck, Lugers were everywhere in the post-war years. I'm no Luger expert, but I'm afraid that unless you can show provenance behind the initials, such as a famous general with the same initials owning the pistol, the carvings will put a dent in the pistol's value.

Still, a neat little piece of history!

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Import marks would have been stamped or engraved into the metal of the frame, since it's just too easy to swap out the grips to remove the eyesore of the import marks :rolleyes2

Looks like someone wanted to mark the pistol as his/her own property. It probably wasn't unusual after WW2 for returning GI's or a relative to carve their initials into the grips - heck, Lugers were everywhere in the post-war years. I'm no Luger expert, but I'm afraid that unless you can show provenance behind the initials, such as a famous general with the same initials owning the pistol, the carvings will put a dent in the pistol's value.

Still, a neat little piece of history!

I didn't plan on selling it since its one of the few guns I was able to get back from my grandfathers estate... I do, however, want to put a couple of rounds down range just to experience it... like i said the nambu has its own issues but it really was just more for nostalgia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom