DWM Luger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these?

I have an all matching... looks really clean (not refinished) No date above the chamber... has C.E.D carved into the grips... one other thing thats a little different than what I see on the webbernetz is that it say "Germany" below the serial number on the frame with what looks like a funny looking o underneath it..

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these?

I have an all matching... looks really clean (not refinished) No date above the chamber... has C.E.D carved into the grips... one other thing thats a little different than what I see on the webbernetz is that it say "Germany" below the serial number on the frame with what looks like a funny looking o underneath it..

Any other proofs on it? Dont know what the O would be around the germany stamp.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has the N with the crown...and the serial numbers... and it has a german word under the safety... It's a pretty little pistol, doesn't look like it's been fired much, if it's valuable i won't shoot it... but if the vote is to shoot it ive got two mags... and some ammo and I'll take it out :)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All-matching, clean, not refinished? I'd check around carefully before shooting the thing, as it may be worth a bundle. The carved grips may ding the pistol's value, though. Got pics?

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Word under the safety is probably "gerchert" (spelling may be off)

Yup thats the word...

I'll post some pics tonight... It was my grandfathers, and I've heard it's worth quite a bit. I've see several of them with the carved grips on gunbroker, so I wonder if it was some way of marking them for import.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pre War Luger (depending on serial anywhere from 1912-1939)

Crown/N denotes it was tested using Nitro (smokeless).

I want to see pictures! I love old German guns.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll post em tonight... I'll have to wipe it down... i got a little drool on it..

I also grabbed a japanese nambu type 14 in 8mm from October 1940... Something's wrong with it though... the trigger won't engage the sear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom