Egyptians storm U.S. embassy in Cairo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The concept of an embassy as "sovereign soil" is dubious, as it exists simply as permitted by the host country.

I would reckon a small force of US state employees and soldiers, surrounded in an enclave by hordes of angry and hostile extremist protestors, probably would have been in a world of poo if they tried dropping bodies.

This probably was the better outcome. The best outcome would be shut that shack down and get the hell out of the sandboxes and stop stickin' out nose where it don't belong.

It's working for Assange holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The concept of an embassy as "sovereign soil" is dubious, as it exists simply as permitted by the host country.

I would reckon a small force of US state employees and soldiers, surrounded in an enclave by hordes of angry and hostile extremist protestors, probably would have been in a world of poo if they tried dropping bodies.

This probably was the better outcome. The best outcome would be shut that shack down and get the hell out of the sandboxes and stop stickin' out nose where it don't belong.

Why shouldnt we have an embassy in a sand box country?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's working for Assange holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

Good point. Lots of different factors and scenarios at hand here.

Hell, we don't admit to keeping an embassy in Cuba, but we have an office there under Swiss sponsorship to represent our interests, under the guise "United States Interests Section of the Embassy of Switzerland in Havana, Cuba." It's totally an embassy.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Egypt should be doing more to stop this, or we should let the devil dogs off there chain to do what they do best, and then use the dead Egyptians as sand bags. You know the "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f'd with? That's me." line. Just my opinion. YMMV

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because if we keep asserting American exceptionalism and engage in overt nation building in places where we're not welcome, we end up with events like what occurred 11 years ago today.

Your right about that, I'm quickly becoming an isolationist. To HELL with everybody else, but people in Washington couldn't handle minding our own business.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
we need to cut off the foriegn aid...we need aid here at home...bring all the troops home --station them on our southern border...this keeps all that money here in our economy...and when we go to war...we go...kick their $$$ and come home...let them sort it out....then if they dont get right---repeat--no more rebuilding entire nations -- supporting millions of people overseas....we cannot police, manage, the entire world and I dont believe most of us want to

Aaaaaah. Isn't libertarianism wonderful?

Latest posts

Top Bottom