Engineer Sucked Into Jet Engine (Not For The Squeamish)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank God we have not had that type of accident at work yet that I know of.
This is one of the reasons we have strict guidleines and rules of where you can be when engines are running and if you work on an engine, there are harness attach points that you latch to preventing you from getting to the inlet area.
I've been under a super 80(MD80) engine at a very high run percentage(think it was 80-90%) tuning an engine, and the vaccuum created is incredible and that engine is prob about 1/2 the amount of thrust and inlet size of the 737.
I walked behind a 757 engine(bigger than 737 engine) the other day right after pilot had cut fuel to an Idling engine and the amount of thrust just at idle is awesome(it will blow me over) and walking beside the midpoint of the engine you can feel the rush of wind try to pull you towards the engine inlet.
So, my point is, at engine test runup the amount of inlet draw is going to sweep you off your feet!
Needless to say, it is exhillerating to feel the thrust of the engines and feel the power of them moving air like they do!

Latest posts

Top Bottom