EOTW choice's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 23 .40s&w with maybe a 9mm conversion barrel. Reliable gun, plenty of parts and I have a choice between 2 common types of ammo.

12 gauge shotgun. Lots of ammo choices and utility from game loads, defense loads and even flares. I have a benelli supernova, so that would be my choice, but I think in a total shtf scenario, you might be better off with a remington870 or mossberg 590A1. The mossberg because it's tough as nails and plenty of parts. Same with the remington. I have full confidence in my benelli, but if it ever broke down, I'm pretty much out of luck.

Third would be either a .22 rifle or handgun or a .223 rifle of some type. Mainly used for precision shooting and hunting small game. Only reason why I added a .22 handgun as part of the list was for the possibility of needinh a quiet, suppressed handgun. I guess the same could be achieved with the glock.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Artillery model Luger.
Arrizabalaga 28 gauge.
Holland and Holland .450 Nitro Express

Don't think I'd want to live in a true EOTW situation. Seen "The Road"? Screw that. I'll just be super stylish for a while before I kick off.

Now my choices for political turmoil or living in a violent third world region riddled with conflict would be more practical....

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HHHHMMMMM!! In such a thing as EOTW I don't imagine to many folks are going to have vehicles to haul all that ammo, .45acp, 9mm, .223, and all that 12Ga ammo is going to get pretty heavy in the amounts listed, plus all the other stuff your going to need besides your guns and ammo.

I'll take a good .22lr rifle, and pistol/revolver in .22lr. Along with a spare parts kit for both. I can lug around a couple of thousand rounds with all my other gear alot easier than all the ones listed above, and still fair just as well. In an EOTW type event its about survival, not running and gunning.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EOTW, holed up somewhere....

AR.......S&W M&P 15 cuz it's what I've got
12ga.....Mossberg 835 cuz it's in the closet
9mm.....CZ75 BD cuz she's never let me down

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
S&W .357 mag(they just don't break or jam)
a good .22 (can carry lots of ammo,and it will be the most common when scavaging)
A good bolt gun with good optics of a common caliber ('06,.308win,223rem,30-30win)
I would definitely want guns in common calibers so that ammo will be easier to find.

Exact mirror of my thought's. Obviously a very intelligent man!

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rem 870 (Original idea there; I need to get one of these)
either my Glock 22 or 23
3rd choice is a tossup: my .22 would be handy and standard, but the AR has its perks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom