Ever been to Sgt. Everrets range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey folks, just a reminder, we are a local company and do our best to respond immediately to any issues with our ammo. Most of our feedback is very positive, but in cases like these please pm me with the lot number, gun used and any other pertinent information. Sharing this info will help us determine if the problem is a fluke or a trend. Last time I was at Sgt. Everretts, Kelly had five or six recalls from the big three ammo makers on the front counter. I bring this up not to disparage those companies, but to show that we follow a similar system of post-retail consumer feedback. So, please feel free to contact us with both positive or negative feedback. We appreciate your business.

Trevor

Red River Ammo Co.
405-513-6632
[email protected]

I should have gotten the lot number but at the time one of the guys there thought it might just be my recoil spring going bad so I didn't think of the ammo. I bought some winchester to test check and didn't have any problems with it, compared what I had left of the Red River to it (about 7 rounds) and a few were bulged enough to cause an issue when chambering a round. The ammo fired fine, no failures to eject, had good accuracy (for me) at 20-40 feet, and was reasonably priced. I'm sure I'll end up using your ammo again if I run out at the range and I'll give a full report then. I will say, you guys support the Univeristy of Oklahoma's Student Firearm Association so double thumbs up from me!

TonerGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe in supporting local small business's(being a small business owner)and have been using Red River Ammo since I found out about them, they are good people that puts out quality ammo and stands behind what they sale! ;)

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Red River ammo that was purchased from Sgt. Everett's range. 3 boxes now if I recall. All 9mm and had no issues. I would buy it again if I ran out at the range and wanted to keep shooting.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trevor,

Thank you for responding. It's been a couple of months since I used that ammo. The box and tray are long gone. I gave the two rounds to whomever was working the front desk at the range that day.

I'm all for supporting local business. I just wish my one and only experience with your product would have been better. I'm now reloading all of what I shoot so it's unlikely I'll be buying anybody else's ammo.

In spite of my experience I do wish your company prosperity.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll admit, the range gets hot and stuffy. I always end up shooting at the far end of the range and the fan doesn't seem to clear the air down there. I've also learned to avoid the Red River ammo, last time I bought some (.45) they were bulged from reloading and I had to nudge the slide closed on my 1911 on almost every shot. I just wish they were set up for rifles so I wouldn't have to drive to Lexington (thanks for the tip Beast!).
what range is this you speak of?

Latest posts

Top Bottom