Ever waste time writing something on a forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, for those of you who have been or not been following my other posts.

Today was my first deviation from asking or responding to anything that did not have to do with Guns, thought about hitting the back key on several of those posts rather than posting them.

It was a little cool today, we decided to have a fire in the fireplace. While commenting on an off topic, I discovered I did not have to use my normal fire starter, I just turned my monitor toward my fireplace and my logs burst into flames with the replies I got.

I want to say thanks to the efforts of the people who keep this site up and running. Because of them, it is great we still have the freedom to post anything we want (within the limits of the moderator(s) which we may have pushed the edge) here and not controlled by any outside entity. There are a very diverse group of people here. I have noticed LEO's, bikers, flyers, fishers, racers, BS'ers, business men, jerk-wads, electricians, (I used to be one) salesmen(used to do that too), and many other un-labelable (I think I am that at present) people on this forum.

What we all have in common is we love guns. Whether it be for collection, target practice for fun, self protection, hunting game, or a tool they had not rather use for their profession.

For me, all the information that was typed by anyone on this forum that they then thought about clicking off but hit the "Post Quick Reply" instead was a part of that individual they shared with the rest of us. I am still a newbie at shooting, but I have been around a little while. Little pieces put together a big puzzle. All the info and opinions of the CC laws, gray as they are, have helped me a great deal.

Most people here probably do not care what holster you use, they like their own, except for the newbie like me that is trying to find his first one that might fit. Most people here do not care that you have a Glock 17 with the whizo dowhichie. Newbies pay attention. Example, I have lived close to Wagoner, OK for 10 years. I had to hear of a tragedy on this site to find out there was a shooting range close to me. Opinions of various gun shops, online dealers, products used, etc is invaluable.

If it pertains to GUNS, someone might like to agree or disagree, for some of us,( I have a friend that just started lurking here also, caution, you are being talked about) we think about it and say, that's goofy, or gee, I had not thought about that.

After today, I can take anything, just have to make sure which way the monitor is pointed.

So, I have rambled on here. Do I hit the "back key" so this does not post or do I hit the "Post Quick Reply"? Quick decision, looks like the fire is getting low, flame on.................

Thanks to everyone, even those who do not agree I could be effective by putting a 22 short up a nose if I needed to.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting our daily dose of enlightenment...............

There once was a man named Yukonjack
Who was a bit of an internet hack
He thought he was an internet whiz
and the right to challenge 'Ridge' was his
but his challenge was really quite whack

feel enlightened

don't be messing with 'the ridge', he's pure internet gold

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There once was a man named Yukonjack
Who was a bit of an internet hack
He thought he was an internet whiz
and the right to challenge 'Ridge' was his
but his challenge was really quite whack

feel enlightened

don't be messing with 'the ridge', he's pure internet gold

Why don't I feel enlightened by your attempt at humor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom