Everybody stay on guard this afternoon and night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a tornado very close to my house, the one that was south of oloogah moving east. I didn't feel like dying in a trailer house so I got in my P71 and hauled ass to town, wind was blowing my 4,100lb car sideways. Hung out in town awhile and then came back home, trailer still standing, cover almost blown off my charger, tree limbs in the roads, leave and little twigs.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the electric grid last night must've been bad. PSO's outage map is still showing outages affecting thousands of customers in the Tulsa metro, and all the ones I clicked on still said "evaluating."

Of course, their "storm restoration" notice is from two days ago and only talks about Lawton. There's not a peep from them about last night's excitement.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The storm passed through my neighborhood in south Tulsa a bit after midnight. Strong winds, thunder, torrential downpour, the works. A large branch came down off a loblolly pine in the front yard, plus numerous twigs off the persimmon trees, but I haven’t seen any other damage. I was luckier than a lot of folks.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just south of downtown Tulsa. Power out and trees down everywhere. Don't ask why...but me and the dog had to spend the night in the van, and I had NO idea this was coming. Woke up to the sirens and phone warnings about taking shelter. Well crap.

LOTS of EMS activity this morning on the roads. Constant sirens since 0500.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of wind here and a little bit of rain .
Neighbor has a hackberry limb laying between his 2 cars in the driveway.

I stood out in it when the gust front came through and just a bunch of dirt in my eyes.
Wife walked out the front door and dirt immediately blew into the house.

I have not checked all fences yet.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OGE outages here in OKC

1687093467223.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom