Is there a tape that will stay stuck inside a concrete tornado shelter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a couple of 12V AGM batteries I bought off a guy here once in my shelter, so I need to run some wires around it, but the tape always comes undone. I've been using two types of duct table, one is that classic silver and another is some white I thought i'd try. They stay for awhile, but I guess the temperature and humidity cycles are just too much for it. Is there a better type of tape I can use?

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having done alot of underground asbestos removals I recommend you wire brush the spot, use 3M 77 or better quality spray glue and let it get tacky, side by side assemble two pieces of HD duct tape, lightly spray sticky side with spray glue and press on to prepped surface.
This will make a strong anchor then over tape the wires on the base layer

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tape is to keep the wires mounted to the wall; I probably should have said that in the OP.

I'll try the Gorilla and see how it does.
If you don't plan to remove it, the T-REX tape from walmart may be better...that stuff works underwater on my trolling motor and hasn't come off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom