Everybody stay on guard this afternoon and night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Bixby Lowe’s this morning on a totally unrelated shopping trip, and we saw several people wheeling generators to their vehicles or through the store. One woman had three (3) of them on a flat cart - one 7500W sized unit, and two 3000W units.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're 8 miles N/W of Bristow off Hwy 16. Texted my parents a pic of the radar of the storm coming in from the West. Seemed like it was between Chandler and Stroud. Told them got about 45 minutes before it gets to us. It wasn't but 15 minutes and all hell broke loose. Was the hardest rain and lightening storm I've ever seen. Was really worried about our "second home compound" that consists of a newer mobile home, 20x50 RV carport, detached 2 car garage, 12x16 shed and 6x6x8 well house. I figured it was all gone or blown over. Some how it all survived without any damage. I have my 24 cargo trailer in the RV carport with a couple other vehicle we are storing for friends this summer. By trailer blew off its wooden trailer tongue support and shifted and came within a foot of our friends Tacoma.

We did have two real big blackjack oaks blow over and a large limb of another bigger blackjack break off in our pasture. I guess I'll get some good wood out of them. Bristow's power was out so went up to Cushing to find a cafe and their power was out too. One cafe had its own power on and it was BUSY. Really good breakfast though. Very interesting night to say the least.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_4914.jpeg

Helped a friend cut a tree out of their pool.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of those that had damage and lost power. My sis in OKC lost power until about 2pm today.
Storms broke going over our farms, and once again going over our home 45 miles east. Little wind with .6" of rain at each location.
We had some very small dead growth limbs in the yard that took 15 minutes to clean up.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter calls me a 7:30 ish pm and said they still don't have power. So, I load my extra generator up for her, haul it into town (just east Basspro) I get it all set up up, fire it up, and of course the whole house powers up literally 10 seconds after I fired it up. I guess if that is what it takes. anyway glad they got power finally in that area.
Hope you all you get power soon that are still without.

Latest posts

Top Bottom