Exhaust shop recommendations please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in need of recommendations for a local custom exhaust shop in the OKC area. I need full exhaust installed, likely from the turbo downpipe back on an '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Any suggestions?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy had new exhaust installed on his cj7. Full custom based on my buddies specs. He’s happy with it. The installer had like 25 years of experience.

Mustang Muffler

IMG_7256.jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in need of recommendations for a local custom exhaust shop in the OKC area. I need full exhaust installed, likely from the turbo downpipe back on an '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Any suggestions?
87 Turbo Coupe, one of the best cars I have ever driven! Shame they only made 128,135. Would be even more awesome to put an ecoboost 2.3 in one with a six speed or 10 speed auto....

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a place in MWC that had a sign that said “no muff too tuff” they sound like they know what they’re doing. It was on 15th street across from the super shop.
The super shops and the no muff to tuff places have been gone a long time. Mustang Muffler is the spot if you want a nice job. There are cheaper places but maybe none netter.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fantasy Muffler in Spencer or Midwest City, on NE 23rd. They got after it and got it done in short fashion. Good job also. This is another one of those that the older gentleman owner was retiring soon, so don't know status as of right now.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a muffler shop on every corner.

With the change to a low grade of stainless steel in factory exhaust systems, along with more efficient engines and changes in fuel chemistry, exhaust systems now last the life of the vehicle.

Just think about one change: the use of catalytic convertors. After the first few years they have gotten very efficient. The convertor has a side effect too - it significantly raises the exhaust gas temperature. That cooks out any moisture, and also almost all of the corrosive gasses in the exhaust stream.

Anyone still in business has likely been doing it a very long time. It's very tough to survive in this environment.

All that being said, try Fantasy Muffler on NE23 and Air Depot. If it's still there.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had this place do at least 6 mufflers (all on different vehicles) over the last 15 years.

One of the last shops that still does custom bent pipe. He offers different types of mufflers and exhaust tips.

Also good on price and never had to take one back.

http://www.discountmuffler.biz/
1680893686343.png

This is them working on my 94 K2500 in 2018. (I still have the truck, and the exhaust is still solid.)
They replaced the whole thing from the manifolds back.
This is the owner doing the pipe bending btw.

1680894044216.png

1680894064732.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom