Exhaust shop recommendations please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
87 Turbo Coupe, one of the best cars I have ever driven! Shame they only made 128,135. Would be even more awesome to put an ecoboost 2.3 in one with a six speed or 10 speed auto....

Yes they are. It's heresy to say, but they are the best of the fox chassis cars, not the Mustang. My first car that I drove during HS was an Twilight Blue '88. After years of searching I finally found this two owner Canyon Red '87 in KS last September. There's just not many decent examples left.

I've seen at least one Turbo Coupe with a 3.5 EcoBoost swap. The only downside is that you're stuck using an auto transmission. A 2.3 EcoBoost with a 6 speed would definitely be interesting to see.

At this point, I plan to keep the Lima that's in it stock. I just need to install better flowing exhaust and replace the factory boost control solenoid with a Gillis boost controller. Unfortunately, the previous owner routed the exhaust into a single exit after the Y pipe. I need to remove everything and replace it with a larger diameter pipe with dual exit at the rear. Someday down the road, I may upgrade the turbo, swap over to a Stinger ECU, etc.

O4eA49B.jpeg

Y74aK3x.jpeg

Nh0wb6G.jpeg

20220916_175813.jpg

Last edited:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Radiator Shops. Getting as scarce as Hens teeth.

Starter & Alternator Shops. Practically extinct. Check on Antiques Road Show.

Muffler Shops. They're retiring and dying off. Very few left.

Upholstery Shops. Some still around, most are gone.

Local Mom & Pop greenhouses and nurseries. Very few left. You've got a couple of big ones in OKC. Prices are outrageous for a tomato plant. Don't buy your plants from wallymart, they usually don't want to spend a few $$$ on watering and labor to do so. WTF is going on when a tomato plant costs $5.00 or more. For ONE.

It's a changing world, dominated by the big huge unfriendly mega corporations.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Local Mom & Pop greenhouses and nurseries. Very few left. You've got a couple of big ones in OKC. Prices are outrageous for a tomato plant. Don't buy your plants from wallymart, they usually don't want to spend a few $$$ on watering and labor to do so. WTF is going on when a tomato plant costs $5.00 or more. For ONE.

So true! So true!

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I suppose EV's will eventually put all these places out of business as they use non of those parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom