Extra cucumbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone in tuttle area interested in some cucumbers? Mom has quite a few extra and done canning plus plants still producing. Dropped off some with Readyfireaim a week or so back.
IMG_3782.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl 'cause I'm a nice guy! Gave away what we had picked to ReadyFireAim. He should be opening his cucumber relish and pickle roadside stand any day now. :)

Mine have really slowed down so not sure if will pick back up. Okra is going pretty good though.

I didn't plant cucumbers or okra this year. I've been formulating a plan since the tree attacked me 😉🙃 and the front yard is slowly being turned into a garden with mostly perennials, a pollinator garden and the blackberry bushes, of course. So ... I decided to plant less this year and spend my time working on laying the groundwork. Fixing the raised beds, walkways, trimming back and digging out all the annual stuff -- and the grass O M G the GRASS ... 😖😖😖 -- but oh well I'll get'er done, as they say.

I think I have a neighbor stealing tomatoes -- guess I need to put up a camera and see, for sure -- but since he's admitted being in my yard at night "to just look and see" I'm pretty sure I know where some of my tomatoes are going. He's kinda hurt my feelings -- if he'd just asked I would have gladly shared. I mean I've shared blackberries and eggs with him because I know they don't have much. Hell, he and his wife wouldn't even be living in the house their in now if relatives hadn't bought it for them. But if he will steal that, what else will he walk off with?? So ... I guess when we get started with the remodel we'll have to put up a chain link fence in the front. It's probably for the best. It'll keep Dawg from wandering out in the street when I'm not paying attention.

Yikes! How did I fall down that rabbit hole?!?!? 😂😂😂😂 Maybe because I'm having Scott go pick up a load of wood chips from Minnick's on Monday. After THAT is laid down I'll be able to really see what it's gonna be next spring. I hope. Lol Plus fall is right around the corner and I have a whole list of perennials that need to go in the ground, so I can baby them all winter! Haha!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a plan there! Here's something you may or may not consider especially if your raised beds get bigger than expected and depends on how much you like watering. Cousin uses one with drip hoses in their flower beds instead of putting in an irrigation system. View attachment 394643

I have seen those ... And have thought seriously about using drip irrigation because I ain't getting any younger ... Anything I can do to "automate" my system is a plus in my mind ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom