Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Southeast No Gun Policy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I visit my son and his family in Broken Arrow, I've usually stayed at the above hotel as it is nice and conveniently located. When I checked in for a two-day visit this past week, however, I noticed a No Guns sticker on the entry door. I've stayed there several times since the hotel opened and maybe I'd just never noticed this before; I honestly can't say.

Anyways, I initiated a discussion with the manager on duty (who was quite brusque and aggressive regarding the policy) and told him that I did not wish to stay there any more after noticing their policy disallowing firearms. He pushed back harder than necessary stating that this was their choice and I replied that we all have choices to make, and I choose not to do business with companies that involuntarily restrict people of their rights to self-defense.

So that was pretty much it - plenty more hotels in BA to stay at but it's something I'll pay closer attention to from now on. I should mention that I'm not particularly interested in researching whether or not this is a Marriott corporate or a "Best of Bixby Hotels" local policy; I just thought this would be a note of interest to the OSA community. I surely don't recall anything on their reservations page which stated this but perhaps it was embedded in some fine print somewhere.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think it very difficult to charge you with trespassing when you have a paid rental agreement for the evening in hand.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think it very difficult to charge you with trespassing when you have a paid rental agreement for the evening in hand.

If you violate the terms of that agreement.... no leg to stand upon.

I stay in Tulsa hotels not infrequently and I will make sure to avoid this one as a matter of course. Especially considering the reported attitude of the manager.

<edit> If I had an email address for the manager I would be willing to send him a nicely-worded e-mail also explaining why I will not patronize his business. Maybe if I am motivated, I'll try to find one...

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bulbboy is 100% right, and so was the manager, actually. As a business, they should have the right to decide how they want to present their business and their choice was to ban firearms on the premises. My choice, of course, is to not do any more business with them. And thanks for taking it up with the GM; hopefully that will help.

Businesses hate negative publicity, especially over a policy which wouldn't be seen as mainstream in their given area and publicity over which they can exert no control.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other half of the argument, of course, is that presenting additional restrictions after the contract (i.e. reservation) is brokered constitutes a material alteration of the deal. It may be the hotel's right to ban firearms, but such terms ought to be disclosed at the time of negotiation (booking), not at the time of performance (check-in).

Were I to encounter such a situation, I'd cancel my reservation immediately, and if the hotel tried to charge me for the missed night, I'd file a chargeback and fight tooth and nail on an alteration of contract theory.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is the Hotel that is gun free. I asked them.
This was the response.

I have spoken with ownership. We are a gun-free hotel. We ask if guests do choose to travel with firearms that they please keep those locked up in their vehicles. We understand you wanting to keep yourself and your family safe during your travels. We strive to maintain a very safe and secure hotel with interior corridor entrances only to all rooms, security cameras throughout the parking lot, hallways, and common areas of the hotel, and a very allert hotel staff keeping an eye on the property 24/7.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good stuff; thanks for checking with them about that, Biggsly. I had an idea that it was local and not corporate.

Of course there's always the standard bit about "we assume no responsibility for valuables left in your car" right after they tell you to keep your valuables in your car .......

Might be a slick lawyer would have a heyday with that one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom