FAL Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't get the search to work with me, so I'll just ask: What does everyone think of FAL rifles, and which models and manufacturers are the better ones? Recently acquired a M1A Scout, and am wondering if an FAL variant would make a good companion, or what the consensus is on the FAL vs. M1A.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I like the FAL better. Optics mounting is an issue with either one and I think the FAL is best without one. DSArms is the premium builder. Otherwise, I'd go for an Imbel parts kit with an Imbel gear logo receiver.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I concur with Clocktogo's assessment. There are also lots of Century built rifles out there that can be had at a decent price, and if something is wrong with them , FAL issues are usually quite easy to overcome.

FALs are easy. Like Kat Von D said on her show the other day, " It's not Rocket Surgery".

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I've read where the DSA units are the ones to get (outside of the original FN units). Looking at their website, I see the Stg58 as Austrian parts on a U.S. receiver - does that sound right? Any real negative issues with that vs. the full-DSA rifle? Most of what I see on google says to steer clear of anything Century, and that the Imbel units aren't bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom