Farm & Ranch security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on the very outskirts of NW OKC and we are seeing a huge increase in crime in this area. Hardly an issue over the past 14 years and now we are having vehicles stolen from driveways, burglaries, even a recent home invasion.

We have never had a formal neighborhood watch, but on my street alone, of the 15 houses, 6 are occupied by former or active LEO’s. We have been talking and are all being more vigilant in our observations and reporting of suspicious activity.

Side note…. I have a massive Great Pyrenees mix that is up all night and has a deafening bark. My next door neighbor kept complaining about his barking so we got a shock collar for him. Two weeks later, someone stole all of the gas out of her vehicle in the middle of the night. My only comment, “Too bad you didn’t have a dog that could have alerted you to something going on in your driveway.”
I went to an open call OKCPD neighborhood watch meeting. Without revealing I was prior LE, I listened to their schpiel. It was great until the part where you could NOT carry a gun and be in the watch team. Observe and report, PERIOD! That is fine with me as I have no qualms about letting the younger pups have at it. But denying my 2A rights is not happening. I'm also going to have protection. I left the meeting and never looked back. Hell, I carried into the meeting.

I'm constantly reading on my neighborhood app, idiots complaining about this person or that person in their neighborhoods but NO ONE IS CALLING THE POLICE!

In the meeting it was pointed out the OKC cops do not mind being called out in fact, they want to be called as it gives them leads and investigative tools to go on when there is a crime. They can go back to the reports and look for vehicles, tags, descriptions of people, time of day, ETC.

I would contact my local LE and sit down with them in their office and discuss their attitude and feelings about these calls, and their procedures when called. This way you know what to expect from LE and are not surprised/dissapointed in their reaction.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you recommending Pioneer Telephone assisting me with?
Consulting, and an estimate for a security system at your farm in Alfafa County.

If you want to you can PM me with your concerns, give me approx distances you want covered, where are electrical sources, etc. I could recommend things but have no means to estimate or install,

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consulting, and an estimate for a security system at your farm in Alfafa County.

If you want to you can PM me with your concerns, give me approx distances you want covered, where are electrical sources, etc. I could recommend things but have no means to estimate or install,
Ok, thanks, but I’m not adding a full blown security system. The most I’m going to add a cell cam or two around my house and on my driveway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom