favorite .45acp load

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use 5.3gr of 231 with a 230 LRN in a Ruger Convertable Blackhawk & a 625 Smith. I've also tried Clays and I like it a little better. It's cleaner, just as accurate and it goes a little farther. I use 4.0 grains of it with a 230LRN.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use 5.3gr of 231 with a 230 LRN in a Ruger Convertable Blackhawk & a 625 Smith. I've also tried Clays and I like it a little better. It's cleaner, just as accurate and it goes a little farther. I use 4.0 grains of it with a 230LRN.

A little background.....
I wound up with several pounds of 231 and large quantity of 230 grain truncated cone bullets (cast by National Bullet) at an auction. Actually wound up with about $350 worth of powder for $20. The TC bullets function through my Smith 4506 well with a decent dose of Unique....but it burns so stinking dirty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little background.....
I wound up with several pounds of 231 and large quantity of 230 grain truncated cone bullets (cast by National Bullet) at an auction. Actually wound up with about $350 worth of powder for $20. The TC bullets function through my Smith 4506 well with a decent dose of Unique....but it burns so stinking dirty.

Unique is kinda dirty, but it sure is consistant. Nice find on the powder and bullets!:D

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unique is kinda dirty, but it sure is consistant. Nice find on the powder and bullets!:D

This kind of stuff doesn't usually happen to me. I stared around and couldn't believe nobody had bid the stuff up to more-than-store-bought prices.....it was kind of a PC lookin' crowd though. Need to find data for Scot Solo 1500 and Royal Scot too. Decent amount of that in the lot....rest of it was various amount of IMR rifle stuff.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This kind of stuff doesn't usually happen to me. I stared around and couldn't believe nobody had bid the stuff up to more-than-store-bought prices.....it was kind of a PC lookin' crowd though. Need to find data for Scot Solo 1500 and Royal Scot too. Decent amount of that in the lot....rest of it was various amount of IMR rifle stuff.

Whatcha got on the IMR stuff? Any IMR 4895 you want to part with?

Latest posts

Top Bottom