Favorite Forrest Gump Quote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Forrest Gump Quote

• Stupid is as stupid does

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Life is like a box of chocolates

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Have you ever been on a real shrimp boat?

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • You would not believe it if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched this movie once. With the exception of Gump dropping trou for LBJ, I found it had no redeeming value, as I was driven to a semi-somnolent state. I watched it because many people stated it was a entertaining movie. Three hours of my life I shall not recover.

Therefore, my favorite quote from the movie is "The End".

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His thread or not, it's a "public" forum. Not trying to be disrespectful or lack courtesy, but... The censorship is fairly strict as it is.

The OP respectfully asked it to be removed. No further comment was necessary. So, yes, the comment showed a distinct lack of courtesy. If you feel the site is too heavily censored, that can be discussed with Kelly or the mods.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OP respectfully asked it to be removed. No further comment was necessary. So, yes, the comment showed a distinct lack of courtesy. If you feel the site is too heavily censored, that can be discussed with Kelly or the mods.

It wasn't a "comment" it was in the video clip from the actual movie. I like the quote of Gump saying "to do whatever you say drill sergeant". The clip of that quote that I posted from youtube unfortunately also contained the drill instructors response.

JUST to be clear.

I meant no disrespect to anyone and it's certainly not me saying or making the comment.

JUST to be clear.

So... now I guess we can continue on with our favorite Gump quotes now that the issue is not only resolved, but put quietly to bed.

:)

Last edited:

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kennedy: "How does it feel to be an all american?"
Gump: "I gota pee"

And when he was seeting on the bed in the girl friends dorm room: "bet that never happened in home ec"

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC, thank you for removing the video. Sorry it has caused so much trouble.

However I can not believe I forgot "Run, Forrest, Run"

No problem. I didn't mean to offend at all. Glad we were able to sort it out without everyone else jumping on lol :D

I also really like this whole scene... especially when he tells her that she was with him in all those places.

I think it's a great movie. Sure it might not appeal to everyone, but if you listen carefully and you open your heart to what's being conveyed, there are great life lessons put in the simple words and demonstrations of Forrest. I think that's the point of it all.

http://12most.com/2011/06/27/life-lessons-from-forrest-gump/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom