• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK 1,000 lb bridge anvil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Selling a 1,000 pound bridge anvil. It is in the family welding shop that’s been in the family for 3 generations. The building has been a welding or blacksmith shop since before statehood. It’s in really good, usable shape. I haven’t been able to find a better condition one for sale in the surrounding areas and they are all priced at 3k and above. $2000 Ftf Ponca city

Attachments

• IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4458.jpeg
    IMG_4458.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4457.jpeg
    IMG_4457.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4456.jpeg
    IMG_4456.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It may be rarer than a guy thinks! It has two hardy holes instead of one pritchel and one hardy. Oh how I would have loved and used that when younger. Keep it in the Family.
Most of the bridge anvils I’ve seen have two hardy’s and no pritchel hole. I suspect they were for more of a focused application like a ship yard or railroad engine shop. The mass of the base is the unusual part to my eye. Kind of makes me think it was as portable as it needed to be for really heavy work. Every single one I’ve seen has shorter legs like that one except mine which is a long legged sucker.

Referring to the original point, I suspect there was specialized tooling in sets that was mounted in the two hardys for forging eye rods and offset hardware like in old railroad switches. Just a guess though. Form generally follows function, mostly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom