FAVORITE GUN BALLISTOL PICTURE GIVE AWAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My very favorite gun is a 1977 Smith & Wesson nickel-plated Model 36-1 revolver my Dad used to carry when we went fishing or our family traveled. It was also his home defense gun. I don't remember him ever shooting it, but he did take it with us a lot. My Dad passed away 9 years ago this month and my Mom gave me the gun to have this past Easter.

I sent it back to S&W to fix a slight issue of the cylinder being much harder to close than it should have been. They offered to polish it up like new where there is holster rub, but I wanted it back looking just like it did when my Dad had it. It looks perfect to me!

Here are a couple of pics of the gun and all the stuff he had with it, including the 36-1 Chiefs Special nickel-plated with 3" barrel .38 Special, matching grips in the box and Mustang 3 grips installed, left-handed black S&W and tan Bianchi holsters, parts list/instruction sheet, holster brochure, safety card with authorized service centers, S&W ammunition brochure, warranty card, extra trigger, oiled paper, bore brush, and the original blue box.

It is a great shooter...very accurate and comfortable with the Mustang grips. I sell some of the guns I buy and try, but this one will never leave.

Chiefs Special Package Show.jpg
Chiefs Special and Box Show.jpg
Chiefs Solo Show.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My very favorite gun is a 1977 Smith & Wesson nickel-plated Model 36-1 revolver my Dad used to carry when we went fishing or our family traveled. It was also his home defense gun. I don't remember him ever shooting it, but he did take it with us a lot. My Dad passed away 9 years ago this month and my Mom gave me the gun to have this past Easter.

I sent it back to S&W to fix a slight issue of the cylinder being much harder to close than it should have been. They offered to polish it up like new where there is holster rub, but I wanted it back looking just like it did when my Dad had it. It looks perfect to me!

Here are a couple of pics of the gun and all the stuff he had with it, including the 36-1 Chiefs Special nickel-plated with 3" barrel .38 Special, matching grips in the box and Mustang 3 grips installed, left-handed black S&W and tan Bianchi holsters, parts list/instruction sheet, holster brochure, safety card with authorized service centers, S&W ammunition brochure, warranty card, extra trigger, oiled paper, bore brush, and the original blue box.

It is a great shooter...very accurate and comfortable with the Mustang grips. I sell some of the guns I buy and try, but this one will never leave.

View attachment 63888 View attachment 63889 View attachment 63890
Beaut. Thanks. Lot's of people will enjoy that.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Growing up (a work in progress) I used to ride my Schwinn Varsity 10 speed down to the local sporting goods store just to stare at a Browning Hi Power.

Bought this on back in the early 80's. It is a Belgium Browning Hi Power. I had it custom tuned by the late great Austin Behlert. BoMar rear sight with the mag safety removed. Wonderfully tuned with a new trigger and new thump safety.

Amazing gun in that it reminds me more of a fine watch than a fine handgun. When I rack the slide or cock the hammer, it has that sound of perfection.

Attachments

• Browning HP 2.jpg
    Browning HP 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 70

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This afternoon my wife and I did an inventory of our collection. We verified serial numbers in our database, making additions where necessary and photographing each. While this probably is not my all-time favorite gun, I can say that after handling each of them today this is my favorite right now. It's a Bushmaster lower, YHM upper with an extended charging handle, Spikes Havoc launcher, YHM rear site, knockoff red/green dot (that actually works really well) and a fancy (for me at least) Magpul buttstock.

The reason this is my favorite (today at least) is the piss-off-liberals factor. :)

upload_2016-12-29_22-30-36.png

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This afternoon my wife and I did an inventory of our collection. We verified serial numbers in our database, making additions where necessary and photographing each. While this probably is not my all-time favorite gun, I can say that after handling each of them today this is my favorite right now. It's a Bushmaster lower, YHM upper with an extended charging handle, Spikes Havoc launcher, YHM rear site, knockoff red/green dot (that actually works really well) and a fancy (for me at least) Magpul buttstock.

The reason this is my favorite (today at least) is the piss-off-liberals factor. :)

View attachment 63914
If you want to make it perfect, stick a Trump for President sticker on it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 63914

That will certainly piss of a liberal. LOL
I put a "I voted" sticker on the inside of a dust cover on one of mine. It won't last long, but its the thought that counts. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom