Favorite Portable Target Stand/Holder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only place I have done any shooting since moving to Oklahoma has been at H&H. However, I recently joined an outdoor range and will need my own portable target holder. I've been looking online and have seen multiple. I was wondering if anyone here had a favorite or at least advice on which ones to avoid.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a guide on how to make your own target stand. I keep meaning to build one of these but I keep getting distracted by shiny stuff.

I can't say if it's any good or not, but it's probably cheaper than buying one. I realize this doesn't answer your question at all but I'm posting this in case you didn't find any good DIY solutions.

Thanks, I've seen similiar ones online too but I wondered how they would hold up in the wind. I might try that first since I can probably build one for $5.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I've seen similiar ones online too but I wondered how they would hold up in the wind. I might try that first since I can probably build one for $5.

The Oklahoma wind could be a factor, but I'm optimistic. The base of the stand seems long enough to be stable front-to-back, and there shouldn't be too much side-to-side torque because the side of the target is too small to catch much wind. If you figure out a way to tighten the fit between the stakes and the tubing, and maybe shore up the frame so it doesn't flex too much with wind pressure, you should be good.

Ridgerunner

Marksman
Reaction score
Two pieces of rebar, 1/2 inch dia., 6 feet long.

Two 2x4s, 24 inches long.

Drill one 2x4 edgewise completely the board. Drill the other one halfway through.
Slide the rebar through the first 2x4, drive the rebar into the ground, place the other (half=drilled) 2x4 on the top as a cap.

Staple your target on the top 2x4, slide the lower into position..staple target.
Fire at will.....repeat as needed.

Cost; about 5 bucks..less if you are any good at scavenging.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Sale sign. You can buy them at Lowes,Home Depot etc...

aimages.lowes.com_product_converted_045899_045899393628md.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom