Favorite War Movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Band of Brothers
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Red Dawn (Original)
4. The Hurt Locker
5. Full Metal Jacket
6. We Were Soldiers
7. Dirty Dozen
8. Hamburger Hill
9. Platoon
10. Black Hawk Down

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Battle of the bulge with Henry Fonda and Robert shaw is pretty old school but still was a good WW II movie. I love watching those weapons in band of brothers, the garands, the grease guns, the tommy guns, the 1911's and the German mg-42. I always liked at watching the recruits in full metal jackets with m1a's in basic but then when the show transitioned to Vietnam the GI's had m-16's. Those German mg-42's were damn wicked. I never seen one in real life or evn offered for sale on armslist, etc...

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of the worst war movies was the thin red line. It had a couple of good battle scenes but the narration and the flashbacks me all cornfused! I couldn't tell what the point of the movie or even who was talking the narration. It got too carried away into trying to be "artsy".

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the worst war movies was the thin red line. It had a couple of good battle scenes but the narration and the flashbacks me all cornfused! I couldn't tell what the point of the movie or even who was talking the narration. It got too carried away into trying to be "artsy".

I completely agree! I think i started to doze off in the middle of the movie and thats why i didnt understand why he was hanging out with some tribe. Or maybe i just didnt understand why he was hanging out with some tribe.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I havent seen the Air Force mentioned so Ill add a couple I didnt see yet...not technically Air Force but close enoufgh...Memphis Belle...and not technically a war movie per se it does refer to the "Cold War" Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stewart.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I completely agree! I think i started to doze off in the middle of the movie and thats why i didnt understand why he was hanging out with some tribe. Or maybe i just didnt understand why he was hanging out with some tribe.

That's Terrence Malick in a nutshell. I really liked that movie. I thought it did a good job of expressing the 'individual' side of war and that any solder (even an intellectual pacifist) is capable of being a hero, and that a 'hero' - a blood and guts jingoist - can shrivel when it gets real. Furthermore, the guys that 'love' war are crazy and evil the same no matter which side of the field they are one.

I understand your opinion, though. It's a very non-typical WW2 movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom