Fawns yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one this AM out off of Hiway 7 in Duncan. RedHawk357Mag said he saw one a couple of days ago near the creek that runs thru his land and the momma wasn't too far away, but the fawn was smaller than the one I saw.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you find that information? What's the thought on it, dehydration? The only ones I've known for sure we're abandoned, the doe was laying dead on the road.

Yes dehydration. Wild Heart Ranch deals with a lot of fawns every year and that is what they say. If the ear tips are straight leave the fawn alone. If curled it is not being taken care of. We collect those big 1L Smart Water bottles for them to feed the fawns with. Only size that will take the nipples that the fawns will feed from. I only run across 18 to 24 a year but it helps.

Here is the saying they post to tell people the difference.
Ears are straight,
Watch & wait.
Ears are curled,
Alone in the world.

If you go to their Facebook page I linked below, there is a video about feeding fawns and it shows one with curled ear tips if anyone wants to see what I am talking about.

If anyone on Facebook wants to know about the rescue https://www.facebook.com/WildHeartRanch/ I believe they have a web page too. Some of the animals they help many of you will think of as varmints or pest but even opossums are important. (they eat a lot of ticks) They help everything from skunks to Bald Eagles. It is kind of funny to read about some of their problems with a cage full of baby skunks.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of fawns. I was out picking up brass tonight and there was one bedded down in the middle of the fort bay at OKCGC. Not an orphan as the ears were straight and mom was snorting at me from the bushes. :D

Also saw 3 nice bucks on the way home.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be dropped now, the doe 'herd' isn't coming in to the corn as a herd anymore. Couple of young bucks show up and look confused, like 'were is everyone'? Still haven't seen any little ones yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom