Federal agencies spend billions on weaponry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a very limited "news" report. I'm not sure I would want to trust much of it.

On the other hand, Congress' budget plans sometimes involve "continuing resolutions," which means that instead of creating a new budget for a fiscal year, they do a CR. With those, it involves "mandating" the agencies to purchasing the exact same products/services as they did the year before. So, if for instance, the Army bought 14 helicopters in the prior year, they have to buy 14 more, even though they may not need or want more.

During the Obumba years, there were a number of agencies that were purchasing ammunition, so if a CR is involved, they have to buy the same amount again.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me see if I understand this properly, the government is buying massive amounts of firearms, they want to take our firearms. That will leave the government as the only entity being able to have firearms...except for the thugs on our streets who will retain theirs! We will be a bird's nest on the ground!
I would seem to me that the federal government should go after those that actually do harm with firearms and confiscate theirs...the gov't is going about this backwards!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only for target practice. Nothing to see here. Please go back to your designated living areas and forget you ever heard about this.
I'm from the government. How can I help.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many things at play, arming them against us is the last thing if at all.

Take a trip to DC, each organization is building it's own kingdom in the kingdom. Couple that with the fact that government budgeting is use it or lose it you can bet they are adding resources any way they can to make their kingdom bigger.

As mentioned in many cases each of these organizations have their own police force, so instead of a single hierarchy you have 15 different ones, all encumbered with their own management hierarchy.

This is the kind of efficiency you never see in the private sector.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is the government trying to take our weapons from us? Are they planning on doing something for which we would shoot them?
OUR FOUNDING FATHERS, were used to dealing with TYRANNICAL, ALL POWERFUL GOVERNMENTS! The second ammendment has noting to do with, sport shooting, hunting, protection from criminals, defence from foreign invades, etc. although guns are handy for all the above, the second ammendment to OUR constution was added so, WE THE PEOPLE CAN PROTECT OURSELVES FROM OUR OWN, CROOKED, POWER HUNGRY POLITICIANS!!! power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, an OLD SAYING that is as true now, as in 1776!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom