Female shooter dead, child wounded at Lakewood megachurch in Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel Olsteen didn't have anything positive to say when interviewed. He made a statement and walked away.
I don't know how positive it was, but this is Olsteens statement from the Fox story.

During the press conference, senior pastor Joel Osteen thanked law enforcement and said that he was "devastated" by the shooting.

"We don't understand why all these things happened, but we know God's in control," Osteen said.

"We're going to continue to to move forward. There are forces of evil, but the forces that are for us, the forces of God, are stronger than that," he continued. "So we're going to keep going strong and just, you know, doing what God's called us to do, lift people up and give hope to the world again."

Personally, I don't find statements like 'we know God is in control' very comforting in these situations. Shooter bursts in to shoot random people, 4 year old critically injured - and God is in control? Hmm. I know, it's not for us to understand why.

I'm pretty sure that Olsteen is currently working on next Sunday's sermon, which will teach us that God doesn't want these traumatic situations to impact our tithing decisions. Or even better, to prevent these things from happening, we need to dig deeper into the pocket book.

Thoughts with everyone down there dealing with this, most of all, the cops that had to shoot a kid. Talk about a shite sandwich.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how positive it was, but this is Olsteens statement from the Fox story.

Personally, I don't find statements like 'we know God is in control' very comforting in these situations. Shooter bursts in to shoot random people, 4 year old critically injured - and God is in control? Hmm. I know, it's not for us to understand why.
Just trust and obey, for there's no other way....

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will never understand God's plan or those who feel the need to make derogatory posts about it. One day we will all understand it. Like I have said before, faith is a choice, you either have it or you don't. It is available for all.
Yep. Farther along, we'll understand it. Farther along we'll understand why.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will never understand God's plan or those who feel the need to make derogatory posts about it. One day we will all understand it. Like I have said before, faith is a choice, you either have it or you don't. It is available for all.
Hell, why be armed. If you die it’s God’s plan. Why doubt him?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because be gave us a brain and his plan could include eliminating this threat before she hurt others. Using that logic, why work or do anything within your ability to do?
If he can flood the earth, destroy cities, cause famine. Why can’t he thwart this nonsense? I have a brain to work and make money. Nobody gives me 10%

Latest posts

Top Bottom