Figured it out thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was kind of feeling bad for you until you started griping about paying $15 for a transfer, because I’ve been paying $25 at the place I use for the last 20+ years. It’s a service the dealer doesn’t have to provide, and I look at it the fee as a kind of ”gratuity”. After all, you’re not buying anything from them.

On the Academy deal, I’ve never bought a gun from them and probably only looked at a gun there a couple times, but their policy doesn’t surprise me. It’s just another corporate big box chain that is looking at the bottom line and has little to no concern about customer satisfaction.

Ruger 10/22’s are a dime a dozen. Surely you can find a store with a non damaged one on the rack in the OKC metro area. :scratch:

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Academy stocking policy is a product of Pedo Joe. The only way to protect the Corporate bottom line is to stock 1 of any particular item. IF / WHEN the next gun ban comes about, having 1 vs 10 of said banned items matters.

Businesses charging a transfer is no different than charging for any other service.

Sooner State Pawn is good for transfers. Plus, a good member of this forum.

Gun bans are a political hot button, with elections looming. Making business impossible or at least, uncertain, accomplishes many of the same goals without the repercussions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom