figured out guns problem...me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a new xd9 subcompact in od green. I noticed during my first range trip that it wasn't locking the slide open when the mag emptied. back home I tested it with a few bullets and it did fine. Well today at the range, it was doing it some more. The more I kept thinking, I realized that my grip is the problem. When I tested the gun, I did it with one hand, aiming at the dirt. At the range, I use two hands, and my thumb isn't allowing the slide lock to go up. Is this a common mistake? I was about to send my gun to Springfield to fix it. I'm glad I didn't!:screwy:

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar problem when trying a "thumb high" grip that works well for some 1911 shooters -basically riding the thumb safety. When trying it with my Beretta I ended up riding the slide release lever.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure of the name of the grip, but its where my thumbs are both on weak side and pointing at target. weak hand gives 60% lateral pressure, strong hand gives 40% forward/backward pressure. boy did I feel dumb

Latest posts

Top Bottom