Films Banned In America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen 6, 8, 13, 17, 18. I too am surprised that Faces of Death was not on here as its claim to fame is being the most banned films of all time. Birth of a Nation and Within our Gates have some text in them that you couldn't get away with saying now on tv. Kinda of surprising. I remember having to watch them in college to write a paper and I couldn't believe what they got away with. The life of Brian, Scarface and The Last Temptation of Christ are all good movies.

Watch some reruns of All in the Family, Good Times, or Sanford and son. They say stuff on there you can't say on t.v. now and probably wouldn't get away with on this forum.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?

You shouldn't be. Sex is bad, bad bad in the USA. Even the depiction of two people obviously in love and enjoying an act that creates new life is bad, bad bad if shown. On the other hand violence, killing etc are just peachy keen.

As much as I love my country I have always found the above to be a quite odd circumstance that often causes me to wonder how that odd state of affairs came to be and why in these times it is still extant.

I've wondered about the same thing. The best I can figure is that it is a combination of our puritanical heritage, and the fact that it has been a century and a half since a war was fought on this country's soil. The U.S. was the only combatant in WWII that didn't have war brought to its citizens' doorsteps, and we are the only nation which survived with its culture of militarism and nationalism intact.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll never forget the time when my Uncle had to secretly drive way up north on the Andrews Highway just to watch Deep Throat which is now acknowledged universaly as a priceless work of art.
He wound-up in jail which never should of happened. Cencorship has real consequences ,people. Real consequences in real peoples lives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom