Films Banned In America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Faces of Death is straight sick. My dorm buddy was watching that and laughing, I saw about 10 seconds and I felt sick to my stomach (I think I'm still sick to my stomach from it).

Forty percent of it is fake, but the parts that are real are pretty brutal.
I've only seen parts..I stopped after a while.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember protests against Life Of Brian, but I do remember those against the Last Temptation of Christ. I don't go to the movies. Scorsese is a serious Catholic, as was Kazantzakis(sp?) Guys like that shouldn't go around making art.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember protests against Life Of Brian, but I do remember those against the Last Temptation of Christ. I don't go to the movies. Scorsese is a serious Catholic, as was Kazantzakis(sp?) Guys like that shouldn't go around making art.
I do. It was a small $hitstorm at the time.
That was a big Sh!tstorm.

The Tin Drum?

Major Frickken Malfunction in Oklahoma at the time.
And maybe still today?

http://reason.com/archives/1997/10/01/the-tin-drum-meets-the-tin-bad

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do. It was a small $hitstorm at the time.
That was a big Sh!tstorm.

The Tin Drum?

And maybe still today?

The scene in the Tin Drum when the kid nestles his face is the young lady's woohoo, was a little shocking even to me. I can see how it might have disturbed more conservative people. The character was a young man but the actor was a child. Weird. Is Grass still alive?

Some dogooder ran a book store out of business over an aclaimed movie? I remember something about that.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The Tin Drum?

And maybe still today?

I remember a news story about that in the early/mid 90s. I was just a kid, but I remember it was about the time Tin Cup came out on video and my dad, who is a big golfer, said he wanted to rent it and my grandma thought he was talking about the bad movie the news was talking about. Funny misunderstanding.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was an elderly, very churchy couple who I used to give fish and game. They hadn't been to a movie since the 1950s, but when they saw an ad for "The Choirboys," they decided to go. I think they might have lasted nearly fifteen minutes, and came out of the theatre like their hair was on fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom