Films Banned In America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen 6, 8, 13, 17, 18. I too am surprised that Faces of Death was not on here as its claim to fame is being the most banned films of all time. Birth of a Nation and Within our Gates have some text in them that you couldn't get away with saying now on tv. Kinda of surprising. I remember having to watch them in college to write a paper and I couldn't believe what they got away with. The life of Brian, Scarface and The Last Temptation of Christ are all good movies.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was just Muslims who got all up in arms and initiated force over movies they don't like. WTF? Do you think maybe the problem could just be religious folks in general who think that it is OK to use force and violence (private or governmental) to impose their religious views on others?

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was just Muslims who got all up in arms and initiated force over movies they don't like. WTF? Do you think maybe the problem could just be religious folks in general who think that it is OK to use force and violence (private or governmental) to impose their religious views on others?

Nice point. However im pretty sure you just "pulled the pin" on this thread.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Don't upset the status quo. Don't keep saying stuff that makes sense

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jane Russell, Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn....yum yum. Old-timey actresses were HAWT!

Interesting list...surprised to not see Faces of Death.

Really?

You shouldn't be. Sex is bad, bad bad in the USA. Even the depiction of two people obviously in love and enjoying an act that creates new life is bad, bad bad if shown. On the other hand violence, killing etc are just peachy keen.

As much as I love my country I have always found the above to be a quite odd circumstance that often causes me to wonder how that odd state of affairs came to be and why in these times it is still extant.

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?

You shouldn't be. Sex is bad, bad bad in the USA. Even the depiction of two people obviously in love and enjoying an act that creates new life is bad, bad bad if shown. On the other hand violence, killing etc are just peachy keen.

As much as I love my country I have always found the above to be a quite odd circumstance that often causes me to wonder how that odd state of affairs came to be and why in these times it is still extant.

This is why this board needs one of those "Like" buttons...

Latest posts

Top Bottom