Finally got the AR zeroed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after having it almost a year and only firing it once last summer, I finally took my AR up to happy hollow and got the thing zeroed in.

Funny thing was I thought I had it perfect, then started shooting at these 1" circles that came on the sticky targets I got at the range. it was all over the place, really ticking me off.

After going through one magazine, I set the rifle down and for some reason just looked at the optic and thought "hmm...". Turns out the screws on the mount had come loose. Oops! Tightened them down and ran like a charm. Here is my best two shots. This was 50 yards out and those little circles were fairly hard to see.

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5137_5527005048_951806a63c.jpg

Here is another one. If you look closely you can see a few 7.62mm holes as well, when I was trying to zero my AK. That was a lesson in frustration. Took me a while to figure out it was shooting about 12" too high. wow... Then the front sight tool broke. First time I ever used it too. Not happy about that.

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5054_5529736714_456358852f.jpg

There are two 7.62 rounds in the top target. I wasn't aiming for the top target :) The ones that are close to the middle target (3 of them you can see) I was aiming for the bottom target. talk about being off :yikes2:

But all around it was a good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom