AR California Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the stock in the top picture real?
I would definitely put one on at least one of my AR’s.
You have to get the stock and the lower that goes with it. You couldn't reach the standard AR safety with the rifle grip. This has a trigger block safety and as has been mentioned the recoil mechanism is completely different.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought you guys would get a kick (and laugh) out of seeing what an AR had to endure to be CA legal. This here is what they call a “featureless” rifle. It was either this monstrosity or a really awkward paddle thing that kept you from getting your thumb around the stock. While this looked “more stupider” functionally it was much more comfortable. View attachment 398448

One of the first things I did after moving to the United States aka Oklahoma was to remove that gosh awful stock.
View attachment 398458

The california version looks like a weird alien sex toy, figures coming from california.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i bet I can make that stock fit a standard lower. extend the safety switch or just use the other head the switch the lever. worst case 3D printers are great to work with. Just depends on how bad you want it. it looks like a modern mini 14.

:thumbup3:

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i bet I can make that stock fit a standard lower. extend the safety switch or just use the other head the switch the lever. worst case 3D printers are great to work with. Just depends on how bad you want it. it looks like a modern mini 14.

:thumbup3:
If memory serves Remington 1100 stocks will work on those lowers so that could be a place to start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom