Firearm Confiscation In Moore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) Nat Guard can't operate on United States soil under any Federal command. . .only State command
2) Yes, the law was passed/signed last year to stop just such a thing from happening
3) I'm not terribly concerned about shots being fired if somebody is trying to take my firearms.

I really hope this isn't true. If it went down as related here, somebody should be looking through bars.

I wish that were still true.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2007/01/12/governors-lose-in-power-struggle-over-national-guard/

The Governors now control the National Guard ONLY if the president has not taken control of them and that power includes natural disasters limited to a single state if the president so chooses. This is Unconstitutional, but our apathy and collective ignorance has made it seem possible.......so far.

This is what happens when we spend more time watching football than performing our CIVIC DUTY monitoring OUR government. We need to realize, the country we live in is changing at warp speed as a result of our apathy. What we learned in 5th grade civics class is steadily becoming ancient history.

Last edited:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. My observations are that NG is just blocking traffic and helping removal efforts. Police are double checking id at entrances to affected area and at each entrance to individual neighborhood. Movement by vehicle in affected area is being curtailed, but on foot is not being stopped. Have id with you, you will be challenged on it to verify residence.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never mind the if's of the story. There are too many at this point to determine how true it is. I assume OP is posting under the best possible pretenses, but who knows about the rest.... and I'll leave it at that.

However, if this did/does happen.... it should be met with force period. If enough people nut up and defend themselves from unconstitutional actions and/or tyranny, even with less than desirable results, this kind of thing wouldn't be as common of a practice as it is.

You're right, let's focus instead on what we do know, how the law is written, like a block of swiss cheese with holes big enough an elephant could walk through. That is the ultimate problem, anything else is just a symptom that can be ignored for now.

So write our state legislators and demand the holes in the law be plugged - let them know that when it comes to laws designed to protect your freedom, you prefer cheddar to swiss.

Force should be the absolute last option. Everything that is happening in this country is OUR fault until such time as we begin to participate as our Founders intended instead of burying our collective heads in mindless sports activities, useless TV programs and other such nonsense.

Can you really blame the car for running into the ditch when you've been sleeping and texting at the wheel??

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP, please find out what happened and let us know. There are a lot of us who would very much like to know if this sort of thing is going on in our back yard.

JimJames

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... that is messed up. I guess the moral of the story is, don't open the safe, and stick around to make sure nobody walks off with your stuff.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, the National Guard is on State Active Duty, they will not be under federal authority. While certainly not impossible, I find it highly unlikely that an Oklahoma Guardsman confiscated anyone's weapon. Law enforcement on the other hand...I'd buy that.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, the National Guard is on State Active Duty, they will not be under federal authority. While certainly not impossible, I find it highly unlikely that an Oklahoma Guardsman confiscated anyone's weapon. Law enforcement on the other hand...I'd buy that.

Wasn't it an OK Army NG unit that was confiscating weapons during the Katrina aftermath?

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't it an OK Army NG unit that was confiscating weapons during the Katrina aftermath?

I don't know...I can't find any information one way or the other. I certainly hope not. I guess I can't speak for all the Guardsmen, but I do know a bunch, and the ones I know are all gun owners and 2A proponents. That's why I have a difficult time believing it in this instance. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to Reason (http://reason.com/archives/2005/09/10/defenseless-on-the-bayou), yes; unfortunately, the link goes to another forum, but not to the specific thread, so I can't find any further verification. Still looking.

I did see that one. Again, I'm not trying to dispute it because I have no evidence to the contrary, but their mention of the OKNG doesn't exactly prove it do either. What I mean to say is, I don't want to see our guardsmen being considered guilty of it simply because they were there.

One way or the other, if the OP's information is 100% accurate, then citizens across the state need to be screaming for swift justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom