first deer of 2010 down!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hunting buddy's deer taken Saturday night. Dressed out at 143 lbs. I decided to shoot video instead of hunting. Hope you enjoy part of what I got.

ai429.photobucket.com_albums_qq16_pangaea3_Ricksarcherydeeer.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJaGof7tiw

Stew

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hunting buddy's deer taken Saturday night. Dressed out at 143 lbs. I decided to shoot video instead of hunting. Hope you enjoy part of what I got.

ai429.photobucket.com_albums_qq16_pangaea3_Ricksarcherydeeer.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJaGof7tiw

Stew

What is your feeder set at? It looked like a lot of corn, but it might be because no grass or weeds/wheat. Is that a wheat field?
Great video, I need to upload mine. I got a doe and it's fawn nursing!

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your feeder set at? It looked like a lot of corn, but it might be because no grass or weeds/wheat. Is that a wheat field?
Great video, I need to upload mine. I got a doe and it's fawn nursing!

Actually we normally don't use the corn feeder except during turkey season. Rick had planted winter peas a couple of weeks ago and due to lack of rain we did not expect them to germinate. Much to our surprise this field was loaded with them and rye as well. We had the corn, so we decided to go ahead and use it. The feeder is set for a 10 second run, twice a day. The pile you see in the video is old residue that we dumped before refilling it. The rain that we got before we left Sunday morning should help greatly. I hope to shoot more video as the season progresses. It's almost as much fun as hunting and a whole lot less work.

Good luck to all,

Stew

Latest posts

Top Bottom