First long trip on CNG with F250.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
CHenry, have you looked at injecting CNG, much like propane? I see almost as many diesel at the CNG pump as I do CNG vehicles it seems like in the last few weeks. From what they say, the cost is minimal. I've been looking at it a little, if the 7.3l has less miles, I'd be more interested.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHenry, have you looked at injecting CNG, much like propane? I see almost as many diesel at the CNG pump as I do CNG vehicles it seems like in the last few weeks. From what they say, the cost is minimal. I've been looking at it a little, if the 7.3l has less miles, I'd be more interested.
Yes I have the problem is the tanks are so large just to get 10 gal. capacity.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I have the problem is the tanks are so large just to get 10 gal. capacity.

That's the common complaint from the guys I see at the pump. One guy with a Duramax has 4 8gal tanks......... 2 in the bed under a tool box, and 2 under the truck. Think he said it holds just under 20gal combined.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to using veggie oil vs converting it to bio-diesel?
Bio d takes no conversion. Just pour it in the main tank bit it gels at around 35*f so winter use is a no no. Bio d has a production cost of around $1.5 per gal. Plus or minus. WVO is free, just run it through a proper centrifuge setup and put it in a heated two tank system. This is a pretty vague answer to a question like that buy in a nut shell...

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been driving a converted 2013 GMC Yukon for the past year and absolutely love it. Have driven as far as St. Louis but not as far as Chicago. I almost giggle when I fill up the CNG. Being Bi-Fuel, I get about 248 mpg on petrol and 18-20 mpge on CNG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom