First time boat owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only see 2 things missing,
Back rests, man you gota be tough to go without em. Stadium seats at least

Pics from the water!

Edited to add:
If your doin wiring, these will save you a ton of headaches in the long run.

D4A6151D-3CB6-4716-AAC4-6108D3DE04FE.png

FDE606C0-CF5C-4BF3-85B6-102D4053BC3D.png

Representative fotoz, I am not pitching one vendor over another. It is a small investment up front that will pay dividends over time.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That flooring makes me wanna crank up the music and crack one open.
I was originally going to go with battleship gray with a dark gray floor with black contrasting grooves, but I figured that warships use gray because it helps them blend in. I don’t wanna blend in when there’s drunk guys on pontoons and wakeboarding boats out. It also jazzes things up a bit, which I like.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pics from the water!

Edited to add:

View attachment 277281
View attachment 277282

Representative fotoz, I am not pitching one vendor over another. It is a small investment up front that will pay dividends over time.
I swear by heat shrink crimp connectors, and I need to get a few of those weather pack connectors. Right now I ghetto rigged my front finder with a Deutsch connector so the wiring can be removed with the trolling motor. Looks pretty bad.

I thought about putting the seats back in, I have some nice blue and gray vinyl folding swivel seats that came with the boat, but but I figured that they would just end up reducing the amount of space to move around and add weight. I typically stand on the benches when fishing. I’m taking it out for a 4 or 5 day hunting and fishing trip this weekend and gonna make my decision next week I figure.

More pictures coming soon!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Pics from the water!

Edited to add:

View attachment 277281

View attachment 277282

I use those waterproof 2 wire connectors a lot on my Jeep

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent half the day on the vertegris river, caught more little guys than I could count, and I managed to somehow catch a good handful of shad, despite my best efforts and repeat YouTube video watching. There’s something magical about being the first guy out on the glassy water as the fog is clearing.
E1D6D92B-60CD-45A5-B8DB-F7A018233DA4.jpeg
A2DD5541-FB99-46C9-BDF4-8F736976B56F.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only took one trip down the vertigris main channel, for good reason. Spent half the time dodging sticks and logs. But, my little 9.9 will push me down river at 18mph! This is supposed to be a video of it, I don’t know if it will upload.

I also became an bonafide boat owner today. Forgot to put the plug in. Dropped the boat in the water, pulled it to shore, parked the truck and went pee before coming back to the boat. Heard a tear and a pop, didn’t know what it was. Turns out my plug was out and my auto inflating life jacket went off. Guess I gotta learn the hard way sometimes. On the bright side my bilge pump really moves some water and I know the life jacket system works. I also went from 9 feet of water to 6 inches of water on the same stop in the middle of star lake near braggs. That wasn’t comforting. Looked at my finder/plotter, saw the sudden jump, Felt my skeg hit sand and back in deeper water.

Attachments

• 907AD7F9-E88E-4DE5-B6CC-B9D346E29C28.jpeg
    907AD7F9-E88E-4DE5-B6CC-B9D346E29C28.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s some interior pictures. I want to redo the electrical connections inside the switch box, but that’s gonna be this winter or something. Hence the crappy temporary switch labels. The middle seat holds safety equipment, tools, and two group 31 AGM batteries to ensure I have enough juice for multi day trips, front deck has enough space for all my other gear plus some. It’s a mess right now, trying to get everything sorted before heading to the Arkansas for our first river trip.

View attachment 277267View attachment 277268View attachment 277269
Love that interior look. What did you do it with?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent half the day on the vertegris river, caught more little guys than I could count, and I managed to somehow catch a good handful of shad, despite my best efforts and repeat YouTube video watching. There’s something magical about being the first guy out on the glassy water as the fog is clearing. View attachment 277647View attachment 277648
Is that by Bluff Landing on the Verdigris?

Latest posts

Top Bottom