Fish fry and pool party, my place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice haul Hoddy, call me officially jealous....my 4 acre farm pond continues to drain itself dry...its down another 2 feet since Christmas, going to try the bentonite fix in a month or so, was letting it drain down in hopes of having a better chance of it plugging the hole at the bottom of the dam. Down about 8-9 feet, sad to see.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now crappie are concentrated in deep water around structure. 15-25' deep.
I go along rip rap areas and look for brush piles, submerged trees, or rock piles.
If nothing there, I'll go out in the main lake and look for old creek channels that may have some trees or brush along the edge.
Good electronics is key to finding these.
Having fished these lakes for so many years, I know where all the structure is and just motor out to it.
I've put this pic up before, but this is what your looking for. All those specks are crappie suspended around the tree.

Thanks for the advice, Dennis. A few spots come to mind that I can try next weekend. Glad you posted your haul--now I'm charged up to get back on the water!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All those specks are crappie suspended around the tree.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_20_db53e4f4542f030f699d5cfef5f5e826.jpg
Is that why my dad put christmas trees down in the water under his dock over there at Bluestem? He loved going out there in the winter and sitting in the heated dock and fishing on days that he didnt get the boat out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that why my dad put christmas trees down in the water under his dock over there at Bluestem? He loved going out there in the winter and sitting in the heated dock and fishing on days that he didnt get the boat out.

Exactly. Depending on the cove he had the dock in, and the time of year, those brush piles are deadly places to catch fish of all specie.

I'm betting just about every dock on bluestem has a pile of trees around them. :D

Grand lake is the same with all the docks around that lake.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My SIL is bringing a mess of fish over for us to cook Sunday. My daughter runs her own business and is back to work after having a baby couple of months ago so he has been able to get out now and has been doing a lot of fishing lately.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the FIL retired from AA he was supposed to find a part time job to fund his 'fun' activities. So, he would get up early, circle help wanted stuff in the paper, leave it where the ol lady could see that he was looking, then he headed for the fishin hole, lolll. Every day for about a year. Guess he got bored because he did end up finding a part time job. He still gets out, still goes hunting, and even bought a new boat. We got asked to buy his old boat which was a great boat but I had just bought jet skiis so the BIL got it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA! that was classic leaving the paper like that.

My wife is under no such illusion. As long as this gig plays out, its fun time from here on out. Those 80-90 hour 7 day weeks are behind me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom