Suggestions for Largemouth bass fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fishmaster Float tubes.
Bob Brown.
His son took over the building and it became wesco classic chevrolet parts.
Then I think he died and I do not know what it is now.

Back in the 80's I caught a lot of bass from Draper lake.
I do not fish it anymore.
I hate all the fees and permits
I couldn't handle all the fees and things either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, some of the ponds in Edmond neighborhoods have nice fish in them. My son just bought a house in a neighborhood that has a really good looking pond. There is a sign that says no fishing. I guess that means residents too? But there are lures and bobbers hanging from all the tree branches
Hanging because they slip in there in the dark of night. LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the OP, YouTube may be your friend. So as to not be long winded which I occasionally fall into, bass are structure, depth, water temperature and food oriented.
Every one of those can change as the day, week, month progresses.
Slam some bass at a rocky point one morning, and they will likely not be there in the evening, but back in the shallows of a cove.
Smaller bodies of water like ponds are the exception. They don't have the structure etc. and just hang out looking for something to eat.
Study the bass experts on YouTube see what they suggest and go hunting.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lotta opportunities to hook face on a Largemouth without travel. I seen someone skillfully use a direct overhead cast followed by a left hook set on Largemouth at a southside OKC Walmart the other day! Right as the thunder rolled and the Largemouth wriggled about and fought, somebody else effectively skip-cast their kid under the shelf ( in case of lead rain ). The most important thing to know about targeting a Largemouth is that you must use a big, fist-ball bait and large circle hook to keep the smallmouths at bay!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom