Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
20230617_202338.jpg
found out the blue cats are biting.....on spinnerbaits lol!!!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on use of an underwater camera/ultrasound so only fish around potential trophies? Technology has advanced so much from just being able to tell 'something' is on the radar to now tell the species and estimate size. Guess not much different than hunting elk and glassing a herd then decide no bulls big enough and go to another drainage? Hadn't considered this approach for fishing.

World record bass

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on use of an underwater camera/ultrasound so only fish around potential trophies? Technology has advanced so much from just being able to tell 'something' is on the radar to now tell the species and estimate size. Guess not much different than hunting elk and glassing a herd then decide no bulls big enough and go to another drainage? Hadn't considered this approach for fishing.

World record bass
OH NO! That's like throwing a stick of dynamite in a lake and only picking up the big fish that float to the top

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Orvis fly rods 9ft. / 5wt. / 4pc.

Ross 4/5 reel

9 ft. 5X tapered leader with 3 ft. of 4 lb. fluorocarbon tippett

Hand tied poppers

Took my daughters out fishing at daylight this morning, no wind with on/off rain for the first 4 hours.

When it was raining, the bass would go full on acrobatics! Every bass caught would tail walk and jump like crazy

Literally lost more bass than what we caught, but this will be part of tonight's dinner. 😋

IMG_20230701_125332960_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Orvis fly rods 9ft. / 5wt. / 4pc.

Ross 4/5 reel

9 ft. 5X tapered leader with 3 ft. of 4 lb. fluorocarbon tippett

Hand tied poppers

Took my daughters out fishing at daylight this morning, no wind with on/off rain for the first 4 hours.

When it was raining, the bass would go full on acrobatics! Every bass caught would tail walk and jump like crazy

Literally lost more bass than what we caught, but this will be part of tonight's dinner. 😋

View attachment 389373
Those look like “spotted bass/black bass” correct? No size or number limits on those.

I think it’s important for anglers to understand the difference between spotted bass and true largemouth bass. I’ve had people look at me sideways before for keeping smaller spotted bass because they didn’t understand the difference.

Spotted bass don’t live as long, don’t get near as big, and our waters tend to be overrun with them.

The little ones taste good too ! Mmmm

Latest posts

Top Bottom