Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had hooks go in past the barb three times in my life (two in the head and one in my hand) but this had to be especially painful.....be careful out there fellas.

View attachment 456227
You’re going to have to throw that one back. You didn’t legally hook that one in the mouth.

OUCH!!!!!!!!

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had hooks go in past the barb three times in my life (two in the head and one in my hand) but this had to be especially painful.....be careful out there fellas.

View attachment 456227
Looks kind of like one of those dirty hippie piercings.

When I was a kid I caught a little treble hook in my right eyelid. Don’t tug too hard when you’re hung up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wet a hook in the surf today and didn't get a bite either. First time to try that. Big learning curve ahead.
Edit: pic of my beach cart that got put together tonight.

IMG_2643.jpeg

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wet a hook in the surf today and didn't get a bite either. First time to try that. Big learning curve ahead.
Edit: pic of my beach cart that got put together tonight.

View attachment 456382
I like offshore fishing, but it can get frustrating when you land nothing but a tuna, yellowtail, or grouper head. Stupid sharks and sea lions.

Then there are days like this, the oldest's first time offshore when we lived in Florida. That little blackfin was caught in about 900' of water while we were trying to catch some tilefish. It ate good though.

gZxNFi2.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a fair bit of saltwater fishing, mainly inshore redfish and specs, but never any surf fishing. I'm rigged up, and after this morning, seeing no other fishermen within miles of me on either side, decided there was a reason why. It's not a good spot.
Scouting this afternoon, found a beach with a dozen people on it fishing. Some catching, some not.
Mainly small whiting but the occasional bull red. It's tough this time of year with the water temps and migration patterns. Also have the intercoastal canal the bait shop said is good this time of year for huge black drum and the occasional sheepshead. Big drum not so good to eat as they are wormy, but the sheepshead eat good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out on a charter at 5am this morning for a 75 mile run out to some oil platforms and finally 110 miles out in blue water to a drilling ship and some platforms searching for the yellow fin tuna just migrating into the area.
IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

Ended up on the 12 hr charter with 2 tuna at 35 lbs each, two ling cod, one at 36” and the other at 49”, as well as one jack cravell at ten pounds that got turned into cut bait.
One tuna and the jack was my catch. Got to fight several sharks or barracuda that cut our line before we could tell which species. One guy did catch a barracuda on a top water popper that was also used for cut bait.
Unfortunately as I’ve found out today the forum software as well as the software by the company that runs these forums is having a site wide photo posting issue that is being worked on by engineers. I can’t post all the pics I have in this post as they just show up as links. Got two to post , I’ll see if closing this one and opening another to post more might work.

Since I can add more pics now.
Here is the world’s largest drilling platform.

IMG_2674.jpeg

We got treated to a whale breaching as we were traveling between rigs.

IMG_2676.jpeg
IMG_2675.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom