Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone seeing the whitebass firing up?

Went to one of my nearby white bass spots yesterday evening for a couple hours and didn’t catch a single fish. Maybe water temps still need to come up a bit?

Plan to try a different lake this evening and target Saugeye
I hit the Little River in Norman twice in the passed 10 days. Nothing. You might be right about the water temp.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the boy and I went this evening and threw out some carp rods and targeted saugeye from the bank. It wasn’t fast action, but we caught a few, a variety: 2 carp, 1 small channel cat on the carp bait, 1 spotted bass, couple green sunfish, 1 Saugeye

Only caught 1 saugeye but it was a dandy! 21 inches long and fat! Caught it with a 1/8oz jig fitted with a Bobby garland baby shad, under a bobber… fishing slowly along the rocks within 8-10ft of shore. Hiked down into some uncomfortable spots to find it!

IMG_3684.jpeg

here’s one of the sewer salmon lol

IMG_3686.jpeg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone seeing the whitebass firing up?

Went to one of my nearby white bass spots yesterday evening for a couple hours and didn’t catch a single fish. Maybe water temps still need to come up a bit?

Plan to try a different lake this evening and target Saugeye
It's getting close. Last I checked, there were a few males wandering up now, with the bulk still staging in the upper ends of the lakes.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the boy and I went this evening and threw out some carp rods and targeted saugeye from the bank. It wasn’t fast action, but we caught a few, a variety: 2 carp, 1 small channel cat on the carp bait, 1 spotted bass, couple green sunfish, 1 Saugeye

Only caught 1 saugeye but it was a dandy! 21 inches long and fat! Caught it with a 1/8oz jig fitted with a Bobby garland baby shad, under a bobber… fishing slowly along the rocks within 8-10ft of shore. Hiked down into some uncomfortable spots to find it!

View attachment 463377
Do saugeye eat as good as a walleye?
(Just hit “like” button if so). I’ve never caught one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's getting close. Last I checked, there were a few males wandering up now, with the bulk still staging in the upper ends of the lakes.
Just read the Oklahoma fishing report for Kaw lake. The GW that writes it said the WB were moving into the creeks.
One good warm spring rain with get them running full blast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom