Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1716733675982.png

Got that from here.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/outdoorok/ooj/fifty-fish-factoids

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Everything is pretty much live on the link and updated during the day.
I know that there are phone numbers for COE in Missouri and Arkansas that will tell the next day's releases but have never found one for Kaw.
Speaking of Kaw, took the 4 wheeler down on the sand bars below the dam a few miles to look for some holes to fish. Finally found the spot and tossed out some salted shrimp. Got a bite within a minute and landed a 12" channel cat. Perfect pond stocker. That's what I was after.
Got another bite on the next throw, missed it and on the retrieve hung into something huge.
Played it for a few minutes before getting it back to the bank.
Hooked about a 3lb carp in the top dorsal fin. Released him but kept the channel cat to take to the farm pond today when I sprayed.
I have a pic of the carp if anyone hasn't see one, LOL.
What to you use to keep your fish alive before putting them in your pond?

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually keeping them in aerated non chlorinated water will suffice.
I meant container if you’re not on a boat with a live well. I have a 5 gallon bucket with a flip top lid and an aerator, but it was pretty small for the 12” channels I had in it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9186697521 is the Corp of Engineers. Its a recording of release schedules to all the major lakes in the area.

And speaking of Kaw, I heard they were repairing the boat ramp below the dam. Anybody know anything about that?
It is complete and open. They put in a big dike upstream to direct the flow away from the ramp.
I was out there last week to watch the paddlefish snaggers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What to you use to keep your fish alive before putting them in your pond?
I have an old ice chest that has a hole drilled in the top of it for an aerator hose. Battery powered aerator to get it home, then an aquarium 110v aerator to keep alive overnight.
I’ve discovered two things. One can over-aerate a small space with a large aquarium model. Second, if the ambient air temp is too hot, the aerator will inject hot air into the small volume of water and make it too hot, killing the fish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom