Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My haul for today, though I let the bass go.
How many of you keep largemouth when you catch them? I know they’re legal and they taste good, but for some reason I feel bad about it. I’ve caught 3 nice LMB in the last week and let each one go.

Attachments

• FF7A7724-5E9F-47EF-BCAD-0E00E5284DA4.jpeg
    FF7A7724-5E9F-47EF-BCAD-0E00E5284DA4.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 31
  • B2B91DF9-EF11-4B0D-A69A-0B28CE2A2CC7.jpeg
    B2B91DF9-EF11-4B0D-A69A-0B28CE2A2CC7.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 30

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few days ago I went out and did some fishing on our trip. Onslow beach on Camp Lejeune. Spent the morning walking the dog on the beach, proposed to the girlfriend around lunchtime, and caught these critters that evening. Caught a stingray, Atlantic croaker, a hermit crab, and an unknown. Couldn’t have asked for a better day. View attachment 270205View attachment 270201View attachment 270203View attachment 270204

And she caught a mullet

LoL

Congrats
Looks like a great day

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My haul for today, though I let the bass go.
How many of you keep largemouth when you catch them? I know they’re legal and they taste good, but for some reason I feel bad about it. I’ve caught 3 nice LMB in the last week and let each one go.
The ODW is finding that too many largemouth bass are being released resulting in a midsized population that isn’t growing.
New regulations are forthcoming I understand supporting removing bass and new size limits.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How were you fishing for them? I struggle with catfishing lol.
After big rains, I fish in creeks with the water running quick and muddy. I fish on the bottom with a heavy weight and use worms or stink bait. Yesterday, I was at the mouth of a creek where it dumps into the lake, and I caught everything on worms. On a side note, I’ve fished these creeks my entire life so I know the good spots. Also like Hank Williams Jr said, I’m against fishing in the rain.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ODW is finding that too many largemouth bass are being released resulting in a midsized population that isn’t growing.
New regulations are forthcoming I understand supporting removing bass and new size limits.
I’m glad to hear it. Most of the bass I’ve caught the past decade are way undersized and skinny. I’ve more or less stopped pursuing them. Used to be all I pursued when I was younger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom