Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they've been stocking Thunderbird with Saugeye since 1985 lol.
Wow, that long?
Every time I’ve seen thunderbird lake it’s been insanely muddy. Maybe water clarity is needed to get the saugeye more productive taking crappie? Don’t know.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dirty Bird didn't get that name for nothing lol.

Yes, first in the state for saugeye.

1651977150361.png

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit Haskell lake this morning targetting Gills, I ended up catching several and one little Bass and a nice Crappie. The little lake is Summer time low* and the vegitation is filling out fast so I`m pretty much just hitting the open spots and moving on. I seen some big bass cutting a wake in the shallows chasing Gills and I seen some monster sized Carp moving up into the grass beds, I don`t have the gear nor the want to tangle with them, I`ll leave that to the Professionals!
😀
Those Gills were smashing that Trim Grim and putting up a great fight!
*The recent rain washed away some of the boulders from the little spillway dropping the lake level by several feet.

103_3349 (2).JPG

103_3338 (2).JPG

103_3341 (2).JPG

103_3347 (2).JPG

103_3354 (2).JPG

103_3355 (2).JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went up one of the creeks on Kaw Lake this morning. Had to wade across and walk downstream to get to my favorite spot. Two people already there with full stringers of sandbass.
Said the bite stopped about 10 minutes before my arrival. I could see shad flipping everywhere and then saw the issue.
Short nosed gar had moved in by the dozens. Evidently moved up from the lake chasing the shad, so for me today, not even a hit on the jigs.
Better than sitting at home by a long shot though.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went up one of the creeks on Kaw Lake this morning. Had to wade across and walk downstream to get to my favorite spot. Two people already there with full stringers of sandbass.
Said the bite stopped about 10 minutes before my arrival. I could see shad flipping everywhere and then saw the issue.
Short nosed gar had moved in by the dozens. Evidently moved up from the lake chasing the shad, so for me today, not even a hit on the jigs.
Better than sitting at home by a long shot though.
Those gar would have been a lot of fun on a fly rod!

Latest posts

Top Bottom